Learn to Play the Guitar
Learning to play guitar requires discipline, consistency, and a well-structured guitar lesson plan. PY Rock music lessons consist of 30-minute private sessions, once a week. Daily practice is essential to retain muscle memory; for that reason, our guitar instructors use real rock songs on their guitar lessons in order to motivate students to do their practice at home. Additionally, once our guitar students reach a certain level, they get to be in a rock band where the real learning and fun begin!
The characteristics of our guitar lessons are the following:
- Students apply the music theory in songs that the students like. This helps faster learnings.
- Guitar instructors create different versions of the songs in order to match the students' pace. This allows the students to be able to play songs, no matter the difficulty of the original song.
- Our well-structured guitar lessons help the students master sigh reading in a dynamic and fun way.
While every child is different, it’s generally a good idea to wait until your child is at least six years old before starting guitar lessons. These are the main factors to consider:
- Motivation: If your child is the one expressing a strong interest in the guitar, it will help overcome the difficulties that will arrive while taking guitar lessons with the instructor.
- Size of hand: Before beginning guitar lessons, we need to make sure your child’s hands have grown enough to be comfortable using a guitar.
- Finger independence: Is your child able to move each finger independently without moving the others? When taking guitar lessons, the guitar instructor will require the students to stretch single fingers to reach certain frets.
The students come to our guitar lessons once a week for a 30-minute private session. We are open during the following days:
- Mondays to Fridays, from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Saturdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Every show we have 18 bands
- Sundays: Exact availabilities vary by school location. Please ask your local PY Rock location for details.