Take the Stage
After an audition, the students get to be a member of one of our rock bands that work toward live performances. Our professional band coaches work closely with students and direct and train the bands. Band members meet every week for a 90 minutes rehearsal where they work on every part of the song that will be performed on stage. Our goal in this program is to prepare the students for the live performance. Performances take place on local music venues in front of real audiences!
Frequently Asked Questions
Bands get together once a week for 90-minute sessions. 80% of the members also take private lessons; this is important so students can work on complicated parts with their instructors privately. The other 20%, make the commitment of mastering their parts by themselves at home.
These are the factor we keep into account when auditioning students who wants to joing the performance program:
- Guitarists and Bassists should be able to identify and play all notes on the fretboard (i.e. A, G#, Bb, etc…) up to the 12th fret on all strings.
- Guitarists should know most major and minor open, barre, and power chord shapes.
- Pianists and Keyboard players must know all note names on the keyboard and most major and minor chords and scales.
- Drummers must be able to hold a steady rock beat at various tempos for at least 2-minutes.
- RSingers should have the ability to memorize song lyrics and duplicate melodies by ear.
The main benefit of being in a rock band is that students improve confidence, discipline, and most importantly they learn to work as a team.
We are partnered with Crossroads - a venue known for bringing great international musicians to play in its stage. On every show, we bring around 200-300 people. Depending on the season, bands also perform in festivals and private events.